ABOUT LEON TK
“Leon’s creative flexibility and openness make him a great collaborator. Highly recommended!”
– Tim Hawes (Ivor Novello Award-winning songwriter and lyricist, 10 million record sales, 5 UK #1 singles)
“Leon has a real talent for presenting creative brands in a fresh and engaging way. Would definitely work with him again!”
– Marwan El-Bergamy (Diamond-selling songwriter and producer, Jessie J, Professor Green)
“Leon is always a pleasure to work with, highly knowledgeable and professional in his execution, and very efficient with his time. Will continue to work with him in the future.”
– Charles Algar (Founder & CEO, Graft Social. Graft Social is a social media and marketing agency, managing social accounts with a combined audience of over 300 million followers)
“Leon has been excellent at taking an assignment and exceeding expectations on what we get back. He’s great with timelines, communications, and dealing with publicists and artists, and would be a great fit on any writing team.”
– Robert Pasbani (Co-Owner & Editor-in-Chief, Metal Injection. Metal Injection is one of the world’s largest and most respected music journalism platforms, with a global fanbase of over 1.2 million)
Leon TK is a senior copywriter, editor, creative/marketing/branding/strategy consultant, and former music journalist with a BA(Hons) in Music Business from the University of Surrey, three Google certifications, and over 50 professional certifications from LinkedIn Learning. Leon’s full list of qualifications can be found on his LinkedIn profile here.
Leon’s current and past client list includes:
- The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM), one of the UK’s most prominent and innovative music schools. Alumni include Ed Sheeran, Matt Healy (The 1975), Newton Faulkner, and Joe Clegg (Ellie Goulding, Mumford & Sons, Clean Bandit).
- ICMP (The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance), the UK’s longest-running contemporary music school. Alumni include Ed O’Brien (Radiohead), Luke Patterson (Clean Bandit), and social media superstars Rob Chapman, Justin Sandercoe, and Jon Gomm.
- Graft Social, a social media and marketing agency that owns, manages, runs, and consults for social accounts with a combined audience of over 300 million followers. Graft’s client list includes some of the world’s most prominent celebrities, influencers, and brands (including Nike, IBM, FIFA, Vimto, Colgate, Hovis, McVitie’s, Levi Roots, Naked Wines, Umbro, and De Beers).
- Impact Designs, a British design, marketing, and branding agency, covering multiple industries including entertainment, music, and healthcare.
- NQ (formerly Northern Quarterz), a full-service entertainment company based in Manchester. NQ represents Aitch (a British rapper with multiple chart hits, over 237 million YouTube views, and featured spots on tracks by Stormzy and Ed Sheeran), platinum-selling record producer Whyjay, and Zeph – a rapper-songwriter with more than 13 million YouTube views. NQ’s collaborative partners include Manchester United, Nike, Adidas, EA, Universal, Activision, Footasylum, Sony RCA, Warner Brothers, Manchester City F.C., Sports Direct, and Cyprus Break Festival.
- Ryalto, a healthcare and culture change organisation with multiple NHS and private healthcare contracts.
- Metal Injection, one of the world’s largest and most respected music journalism platforms, with over 1.2 million readers worldwide.
- Promoly, an online music marketing and PR management platform used by hundreds of record labels, PR companies, and independent bands and artists.
- An Uber-style transportation app company (NDA confidential), focusing on UI/UX, design, content, marketing, branding, crypto integration, and general business strategies.
- An executive coaching company (NDA confidential) with over 100 corporate clients, including Disney, the BBC, De Beers, Lego, and financial, military, and government agencies.
- A groundbreaking record label (NDA confidential), with a specific focus on blockchain, NFTs, decentralised finance (DeFi), and cryptocurrency tech.
- Musicisum, a video-based online music education platform with 100,000 members.
Leon has also collaborated with all three major record labels (Universal, Sony, and Warner Music, including subsidiaries such as Virgin/EMI, Razor & Tie, RCA, Spinefarm Records, Warner Bros Records, Reprise, etc), countless independent labels (e.g. Marshall Records, BMG, Nuclear Blast, Napalm Records, Epitaph, Century Media, Kscope, Fearless, Metal Blade, Good Fight Music, E1, UNFD, Sumerian etc), dozens of PR companies, and thousands of bands and artists.
He is also the author of the Amazon bestseller Why Do Good Bands Break Up? (the definitive guide to the dark side of the music business), which you can find on Amazon here.
You can contact Leon directly through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), LinkedIn*, or the contact form below.
To check out Leon’s creative portfolio, click here.
Thanks for reading!
*You may need to be logged into LinkedIn for this link to work :)