ABOUT LEON TK
“Leon’s creative flexibility and openness make him a great collaborator. Highly recommended!”
– Tim Hawes (Ivor Novello Award-winning songwriter and lyricist, 10 million record sales, credits include The Spice Girls, Five, Hear’Say, Sugababes, S Club 7, and many more)
“Leon has a real talent for presenting creative brands in a fresh and engaging way. Would definitely work with him again!”
– Marwan El-Bergamy (Diamond-selling producer, Jessie J, Professor Green)
“Leon is always a pleasure to work with, highly knowledgeable and professional in his execution, and very efficient with his time. Will continue to work with him in the future.”
– Charles Algar (Founder & CEO, Graft Social)
“Leon has been excellent at taking an assignment and exceeding expectations on what we get back. He’s great with timelines, communications, and dealing with publicists and artists, and would be a great fit on any writing team.”
– Robert Pasbani (Co-Owner / Editor-in-Chief, Metal Injection)
“Leon’s been an excellent colleague and delightful person to work with since he joined Metal Injection. The work he puts into reviews and features is of the highest quality. He accepts feedback incredibly well, is consistently punctual in meeting deadlines, and takes great pride in the work he does.”
– Cody Davis (Reviews Editor, Metal Injection)
Leon TK is a copywriter, editor, marketing/creative industry consultant, and former music journalist with a BA(Hons) in Music Business from the University of Surrey, via the Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM).
He is also the author of Why Do Good Bands Break Up? (the definitive guide to the dark side of the music business), which you can find on Amazon here.
Leon’s current and past client list includes:
- The ACM – one of the UK’s most prominent and innovative music schools. Alumni include Ed Sheeran, Matt Healy (The 1975), Newton Faulkner, and Joe Clegg (Ellie Goulding, Mumford & Sons, Clean Bandit)
- ICMP (The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance), the UK’s longest-running contemporary music school. Alumni include Ed O’Brien (Radiohead), Luke Patterson (Clean Bandit), and social media superstars Rob Chapman, Justin Sandercoe, and Jon Gomm
- Graft Social – a state-of-the-art social media and martech consultancy that owns, manages, runs, and consults for social accounts with a combined audience of over 300 million followers. Graft’s client list includes some of the world’s most prominent celebrities, brands, influencers, and social media profiles.
- Impact Designs (a British design, marketing, and branding agency, covering multiple industries including entertainment, music, and healthcare)
- NQ (formerly Northern Quarterz), a full-service entertainment company based in Manchester. NQ represents Aitch (a British rapper with multiple chart hits, over 226 million YouTube views, and featured spots on tracks by Stormzy and Ed Sheeran), platinum-selling record producer Whyjay, and Zeph – a rapper-songwriter with more than 12 million YouTube views.
- Ryalto (a healthcare and culture change organisation with multiple NHS and private healthcare contracts)
- Metal Injection (a globally respected music journalism platform with over 1.2 million readers worldwide)
- Promoly (an online music PR management platform used by hundreds of record labels, PR companies, and independent bands and artists)
- An Uber-style transportation app company (NDA confidential)
- An executive coaching company (NDA confidential)
- A groundbreaking record label, with a specific focus on blockchain tech, decentralised finance (DeFi), and cryptocurrency (NDA confidential)
- Musicisum (a video-based music education website with 100,000 members)
Leon has also collaborated with all three major record labels (Universal, Sony, and Warner Music, including subsidiaries such as Virgin/EMI, Razor & Tie, RCA, Spinefarm Records, Warner Bros Records, Reprise, etc), countless independent labels (e.g. Marshall Records, BMG, Nuclear Blast, Napalm Records, Epitaph, Century Media, Kscope, Fearless, Metal Blade, Good Fight Music, E1, UNFD, Sumerian etc), dozens of PR companies, and thousands of bands and artists.
You can contact Leon directly through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), LinkedIn*, or the contact form below.
To check out Leon’s creative portfolio, click here.
Thanks for reading!
*You may need to be logged into LinkedIn for this link to work :)